Welcome to the Wentworth-Douglass Hospital community! You have joined a team of talented and dedicated professionals passionate about making a difference in the lives of the patients we serve. We appreciate your commitment to our mission, vision and values and your dedication to the continued success of Wentworth-Douglass and are delighted that you have joined our team.
The Human Resources department is committed to providing tools, resources and support to help you achieve excellence in patient care. Wentworth-Douglass has been successfully meeting the healthcare needs of our community for over 100 years. With your participation, we look forward to another century of exceptional caring.
As you embark on your career with Wentworth-Douglass, we hope that you will continue to refer to this website as questions arise about your new workplace and community. Our goal is to help you navigate the resources and information to help you feel comfortable as you begin your new journey.
New Employee Guide to Success
This guide provides a framework of what to expect during your first days and months as a Wentworth-Douglass employee and suggestions on how to access resources and services that will be essential to your journey. Download a printable version of this checklist (PDF).
Before Your First Day
- Read your Welcome email and establish your password
- Complete new hire paperwork - printed and electronic
- Please come to your Health Assessment (refer to your email for the date) and bring your completed Health Assessment Forms and two valid forms of identification for the I-9 form.
- If you are Benefits eligible (16 hours or greater) you will be receiving benefits information in a separate email.
- Benefits begin on the first of the month following your date of hire.
- Your new manager will connect with you to discuss what to expect on your first day of work, where to park and appropriate attire.
On Your First Day
- Please come to the Hospital Human Resources office to pick up your badge, parking decal and obtain your Employee ID number
After Reporting to Your Department
- Obtain your Network ID from your manager
- Obtain your email account information
- Set up your email signature as required (refer to sample on the Beacon
- Complete the “Day One” required online HealthStream modules
- Begin Department Orientation with your manager
- Complete Department/Office Tour
- Learn what to do in case of an emergency
- Schedule a date to attend WDHS New Employee Welcome to be completed in your first 90 days of hire.
During Your First Week
- Secure keys and access as required
- Become familiar with Ultipro web
- Meet with your supervisor to discuss your job description and performance expectations.
- Review Performance Management tool (CAS) with regard to Introductory & Annual evaluation
- Become familiar with the Beacon
- Review the RSA 275 - 12 Hour Overtime Law, (Nursing only)
- Complete job required training, as assigned.
In the First Month
- Connect with our Human Resources Comp & Benefits group with any enrollment questions.
- Log in to Ultipro web to view your paycheck, access forms, change your address, etc.
- Complete any additional job-required training, as assigned.
- As you navigate through the first few weeks, check your knowledge against the following:
- How your performance will be evaluated
- Training requirements
- Certification/Licensure requirements, if applicable
- How your department is organized
- Your department’s mission, goals and core functions
- The mission, goals and core values of WDHS
- Safety procedures and emergency exits
- Time reporting procedures
- Procedure for reporting absences
- Procedure for requesting time off (Holidays/vacation)
- How to obtain supplies
- How to access information and services on The Beacon
- How to access WDHS policies
- Employee development opportunities
Please take some time to explore further:
About Wentworth-Douglass Hospital
Quality & Safety