The latest news, headlines, and events from Wentworth-Douglass Hospital
For The Media
The Wentworth-Douglass communications department works daily with members of the media to ensure members of our community are informed of matters involving public health, our staff, and the hospital. Our providers and staff have expertise in many areas of healthcare, and appreciate opportunities from the news media to educate our community on related issues. We strive to respond quickly and efficiently to all requests, while strictly enforcing HIPAA laws that limit the amount of patient information we can release without written consent. Journalists should always work with our team to coordinate interviews. We urge members of the media to direct their requests via email to all three members of our staff for the most prompt response.
To protect patient confidentiality, members of the media must be escorted by a member of Wentworth-Douglass’ Communications staff while on any of our campuses or properties. Photography and videography are not allowed in any of our facilities without the expressed consent of our communications staff. Please contact a member of our team to make arrangements.
Wentworth-Douglass requests that all media stage live broadcasts from the empty grass lot located across the street from the intersection of Walker Way and Central Ave. It is located between 794 and 798 Central Ave, adjacent to The Doorway.
The following guidelines will help you properly attribute our hospital when referencing us.
- On first reference: Wentworth-Douglass Hospital
- Second and subsequent references: Wentworth-Douglass
- Please do not use “WDH” in reference to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, or “MGB” in reference to our system, Mass General Brigham.
Our first priority is always the safety and privacy of our patients and families. In accordance with HIPAA privacy laws, if a patient has not asked that their information be kept out of the hospital’s directory, the hospital may disclose the patient’s general condition to anyone who asks for the patient by their full name. If that criteria is met, Wentworth-Douglass will provide the following one-word descriptions which are in alignment with guidelines from the American Hospital Association and the law:
- Undetermined: Waiting assessment
- Not Listed: Not listed in our patient directory.
- Treated & Released: Received treatment, but was not admitted.
- Good: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Indicators are excellent.
- Fair: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Indicators are favorable.
- Serious: Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Indicators are questionable.
- Critical: Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Indicators are unfavorable.
- Discharged: No longer at the facility.
- Deceased: If the patient was in the hospital directory, we may release their general condition as “deceased” under certain circumstances.
No information beyond the terms listed above (including dates, times, and specifics of illnesses and/or injuries) can be released by Wentworth-Douglass without written consent.
News media are permitted to download, publish, and broadcast the following multimedia assets on this website. Please courtesy “Wentworth-Douglass Hospital”.
Frequent Media Contributors
Assistant Vice President, Portsmouth Outpatient Center