The Center for Medical Genetics
High-Risk Prenatal Care
We offer a full spectrum of prenatal diagnosis and care for you and your baby with specialized training in managing complicated pregnancies.
Our board certified maternal-fetal specialist partners with the mom-to-be, her family, and her medical team to achieve the best possible outcome for her and her baby. Most patients require only one or two visits. For those with more complicated conditions, we work in partnership with your obstetrician to provide the best care. We always try to deliver locally if it's safe for mom and baby, but are readily able to refer to higher-level centers should it become necessary,
Those who can benefit from these service may include:
- Women whose ultrasound or prenatal testing results suggest an increased risk of birth defects
- Women who are pregnant or are planning to be after the age of 35 years
- Women with pre-existing conditions, such as diabetes, Crohn's disease, lupus and others, that must be managed during pregnancy
- Couples whose infant has a genetic disease diagnosed by routine newborn screening
- Persons who have questions or concerns about medications or other potentially harmful exposures during pregnancy
- Individuals or couples who have had a history of infertility, multiple miscarriages, a stillbirth, or have experienced an early infant death in their families
- Anyone concerned about birth defects or the inheritance of ethnic and familial conditions, such as neurological disorders, developmental delay, etc.
Prenatal Testing and Genetic Counseling
This specialized team offers genetic counseling and testing for women who are at increased risk for having babies with birth defects. You can seek counseling at any point before, during or after your pregnancy.
- Fetal Morphology (Level 2) Ultrasound
- First Trimester Screen
- Harmony Prenatal Test
- Chorionic villus sampling (CVS) - transcervical or transabdominal
- Integrated Screen
- Sequential Screen
Please call us at (603) 516-0092 if you have any questions.