OB/GYN & Infertility
No single treatment path is right for everyone. Our first step is to listen closely and assess your needs carefully. Our physicians are experts in diagnosing fertility problems and finding individual solutions to provide the personal, specialized care you deserve.
The evaluation process typically takes one completed monthly cycle and may include:
- Hormonal assessment through blood work and ultrasounds
- Semen analysis and culture
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG), an x-ray that detects blockages or malformations in the fallopian tubes
- Surgical evaluation and treatment including hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, which enables the physician to diagnose and correct problems in the uterus and pelvic cavity
- Cycle monitoring, which involves hormone testing through blood work and ultrasounds; this service is available every day, including weekends and holidays, at our practice
Once the evaluation process is complete, we will develop a customized treatment plan based on your diagnosis, age and goals. Initial treatment options may include:
- Ovulation induction using fertility medications including clomiphene citrate and gonadotropins
- Timed intercourse cycles
- Intrauterine inseminations (IUI)
- Donor sperm
- Surgical treatment including hysteroscopy, laparoscopy, myomectomy and removal of endometriosis
- Satellite practice referral for IVF
- Psychological and emotional support
With every step, we will work with you to make sure you understand the procedures and chances of a successful outcome. Our goal is to help you be an active, informed and empowered patient. We will provide all the information you need to feel in control of the process, so you can proceed at the pace that's right for you.
Anne Kalter, M.D.
Wentworth Health Partners OB/GYN & Infertility
Dover, NH 03820